Writing platforms can be found anywhere!

Writing platforms can be found anywhere!
Manifesting depths on mud

THE CHALLENGE


To get a mental kick on myself, to feel where I'm capable of, to overcome some of my fears , I decided to face a challenge.


It's originally found here: http://www.highexistence.com/epic-challenge-30-days-of-fear/


So, for the next 30 days, I must do at least one of the following each day (not all three):


- Something you fear

- Something you’ve been putting off

- Something you’ve never done before.


I will write about the next insane 30 days here at least weekly. And I'm not alone, there's 11 others of us. You can read of other's experience at Dreamspire.fi

sunnuntai 1. syyskuuta 2013

Tuesday 6.8, (Day 6) San Benedetto Del Tronto - Campobasso

I woke up into amazing moment at the beach. Sun was just about to rise from the horizon, beyond the sea. It was a bit cool, only a slight wind and just few people walking along the beach. It was very early but I couldn't sleep anymore. Personnel from the bar said I could stay on the chair till 8 am. He was kind to do that. 

I went swimming to the sea which had cooled down. So refreshing! I could take this day easier because I had appointment with my friend on Thursday and only few hundred kilometers left. After I went straight to continue my big project: Eating watermelon. I saw few white butterflies flying towards the sun, to the sea. Thought-provoking and poetic.. People stared at me while I sat on the beach, eating huge melon. I was tired but I couldn't sleep on the chairs because they were private. I went to sit on a grass next to a promenade, to make a sign.

 It was problematic to go for a toilet because I couldn't leave my stuff alone for a long time. I had to find some other way. I had watched a video on how to piss publicly without noticing, so problem solved, partly. Apparently some group of Bangladesh people noticed me and stared at me for a while. I ignored them and continued drawing. One of them came talking with me, just for curiosity. I got a bit cautious although he was just interested about my things. Making a hitching sign really works as a good ice breaker. I was running out of water and didn't want to buy water bottles so I started collecting juice from the melon to my bottles and could fill them!

 Then to a shower at the beach, to a shop to buy plum tomatoes (2,00e/kg) and to a junction near the highway with a sign towards Pescara and Termoli. After 2 lifts and 2 hours, I finally got to an Autogrill (petrol stations along the highway). The latter driver offered me a coffee and a water bottle. He was an engineer and pretty smart guy (almost every academic guy I met in Italy were engineers). While searching a lift from Autogrill, a family passed by and after a moment, a young woman from the family, came back with a rice bowl and offered it to me. I took it with a great gratitude and came so glad. She spoke good English. We started to talk about various things. She was so helpful! She gave her phone number if I would need any help in Italy. Also her aunt came and eventually had some courage to talk English with me. Then, she gave 10 euros, just for the support. These kind of people really return faith to humankind <3.

It took 2 small lifts, few disappointments and finally, I could get a longer one from a nice couple, which were going hiking, also really friendly and supportive. The woman said I have a beautiful voice :). They also gave me a boiled egg and drove me to a petrol station, which was on my way to Campobasso, although it wasn't on their way. 

It had come dark. There was a young couple, filling their car. I went speaking with the guy. First, the girl was really cautious and scared of me but they finally they agreed to take me. It gave me such a good feeling when she started to trust me. She even gave me a cig. They drove me to Campobasso and gave some cupcakes :). They left me next to a park, which hadn't been taken care of. Therefore, it was easy for me to find a good spot to put hammock.

Distance travelled for the day: 247km

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti