Writing platforms can be found anywhere!

Writing platforms can be found anywhere!
Manifesting depths on mud

THE CHALLENGE


To get a mental kick on myself, to feel where I'm capable of, to overcome some of my fears , I decided to face a challenge.


It's originally found here: http://www.highexistence.com/epic-challenge-30-days-of-fear/


So, for the next 30 days, I must do at least one of the following each day (not all three):


- Something you fear

- Something you’ve been putting off

- Something you’ve never done before.


I will write about the next insane 30 days here at least weekly. And I'm not alone, there's 11 others of us. You can read of other's experience at Dreamspire.fi

lauantai 7. syyskuuta 2013

Thursday 8.- Sunday 11.8, (Days 8-11) Benevento- Caserta

I woke up early and noticed that I had slept almost next to a road. So, I would have had a lot easier access under the bridge by the road than through the jungle-like-man-sized weeds. I started hitching from the same petrol station than yesterday, but soon an old man came and said I should go forward and try there, closer to Caserta. I tried and it worked! After 30min, Mercedes-Benz stopped. An old man, Giovanni, took me around 30km closer and left me to a road on the country-side. I saw goats running in the fields with their bells clinging and an empty old house covered with vines. Cool! I got a lift to Maddaloni, 8km from Caserta. I stayed at a parking area, ate some breakfast (nuts and dried fruits) and waited for Carlo, my Italian friend, who was going to pick me up from there.

Finally he came with his friend, Giovanni. It was so nice to see him again. We went straight to a bar, the thing I needed :). We sat on a terrace, smoking cigarettes of victory, drinking Macchiato and Peroni. Certain old man, got inspired when he met me and offered Peroni's for us.

Finally, we went to Carlo's family, where I stayed few nights. Mother, father, sister, grandmother and a cat. After an amazing dinner (eating rabbit for the first time in my life, tasted like chicken) I said myself I won't be a 100% vegetarian :). Then, Skype-call, Facebook, shower, a short nap, we went out, to see Caserta with Carlo's friends, to see more friends. I learned about the situation with local mafia (Camorra). Then in front of Reggia di Caserta (similar to palace of Versailles, just bigger).

We used cars to go almost everywhere and it was extremely strange for me, to be honest. Lots of people outside. I met Francesco, Carlo's one nice friend, had a guitar! Both of us got excited from Nu-metal and started to compose a new song. All you need is D-drop tuning :D! I also had to say: "Tu sei la piu bella ragazza mai vista" (= you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen) to some girl. There was damn chill house music outside. They played Masters At Work! So euphoric. I was like a Duracell-bunny, dancing myself outside, jumping around places and talking about my trip with people. Most of the people just laughed. A crazy blonde guy, running around places talking strange stories. Friends felt tired and we went sleeping. I could sleep in a bed!! unbelievable. In my humble opinion, car culture in Italy is horrible, and protectionism for property is massive.
Giovanni and a certain traveller
Carlo and a certain traveller

Distance travelled for the day: 54km
An interesting fact: After counting all the costs of last eight days of travelling and the donations I got (excluding ferry price), I used only 22e. It's possible to travel very cheaply. Well, I didn't count the costs of dried fruits and nuts I bought in Finland.


Carlo climbing a bamboo
9.8. After a slow morning, we went to Reggia di Caserta, through a secret route, so we wouldn't have to pay entrance fee. The place was very beautiful and big, but not taken care of very well. Closed green houses, gardens left alone to grow wild. But in a way, I like when places are left alone like this. More things to explore. But then, cultural value of the place, however, is diminished. The place has so much potential. Nice sculptures, although covered with plants. And the landscape! So royal.. Original plan, few hundred years ago, was much more ambitious, but they ran out of money.
First time in my life, I tasted an orange straight from the tree, but it was too sour. We also saw a viper, a poisonous snake. Then we met Carlo's friend and went to the same bar as yesterday. The old man was also there, and offered Macchiatos for us. I also heard I talk too much. Their prejudice about Finns was a bit different :). It started raining very hard, and we had to use car (again) to return Carlo's house. Then watching Fight Club!
Tuomas and Reggia di Caserta
Barbed wire and Caserta at background
Reggia di Caserta
Reggia di Caserta

Home-made liquor made from walnut

10.8. I bought a ticket to a train in advance. We used bicycles :)!! Then we went to Giovanni's place to eat and play a magic card game with computer. A bit nerdish, but in the end it was fun. I wasn't oriented to play with computer during my trip :D. Carlo's mother had made an amazing dinner with tasty, spicy sauce, with shellfish and special bread. Then we went straight to eat pizza with his friends, where I met Mario and Vincenzo, Carlo's good friends. I was told again I talk too much. Pizza and Peroni was only 5e. I took a dogbag full of pizza with me.

11.8. From the pizza restaurant, we went to a bar, drinking limonchello and local spirit. I got drunk. Then meeting new friends, like Salvatore! Talking with various people. It was fun. Then we went to pack our stuff and drove through the night to a beach. It was 8 o'clock when we arrived. We spent almost the whole day there. Swimming, getting sun burned, talking bullshit, sleeping and bad jokes. I went to talk with a girl, because her hair was blonde. I wondered if she was from Scandinavia. She wasn't but had roots in Poland (Ahh.. Poland). And her hair was coloured, because blonde hair is so awesome ^^. She could give me this photo, taken of us :):

All my friends were very tired after the day. At home, I had a nice conversation with Carlo's parents about Finland's situation. I really enjoyed it, wondering together about educational issues and differences between Italy and Finland. This was the last night in Caserta.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti