Writing platforms can be found anywhere!

Writing platforms can be found anywhere!
Manifesting depths on mud

THE CHALLENGE


To get a mental kick on myself, to feel where I'm capable of, to overcome some of my fears , I decided to face a challenge.


It's originally found here: http://www.highexistence.com/epic-challenge-30-days-of-fear/


So, for the next 30 days, I must do at least one of the following each day (not all three):


- Something you fear

- Something you’ve been putting off

- Something you’ve never done before.


I will write about the next insane 30 days here at least weekly. And I'm not alone, there's 11 others of us. You can read of other's experience at Dreamspire.fi

maanantai 2. syyskuuta 2013

Wednesday 7.8, (Day 7) Campobasso- Benevento

The park, in which I woke up, was awesome. There wasn't other people around and the park had plenty of plum trees and few pear trees. So, what can be a better idea than collect lots of plums and pears and eat them as a breakfast? Nothing! Nice.

Then I went for a stroll in the town, bought some beer, cheese and lemonade and sat down to a pizzeria with cold beer. One guy came talking with me for a while. After a while I continued to a park to make a sign. I sat down under a tree. There were kids playing in the park with their mum. A man approached me. He looked tough one, a bit fat and with bad teeth. I got cautious but listened what he had to say. He didn't speak English at all but tried to say something. Apparently he was asking me to go drinking and eating with him. The playing kids came next to him but he chased them away by threatening them with a branch. Their mum came talking with him. I finally realized that he was the man of the family. I refused from his offer. He went sitting down on a bench, alone, while his family kept on playing. He took contact only to the woman and ignored his children completely, even when his son started pissing in the middle of the park. When they got hurt during their play and asked help from him, he just stared elsewhere, smoking cigs. He tried to ask random people to go drinking with him. I know it's sometimes hard to be a dad, but he gives so bad example to his children. That's not educational at all. Luckily I'm not a father.

I went hitching and after an hour I got a lift from a guy who delivers pizza. His name was Francesco and he had enormous pizza on the backseat. He said it was for her girlfriend and it's the size of his heart :). He was a fan of The Clash and we listened Guns of Brixton several times. Obviously, this lift was nice. He drove me a bit further than he was planning to go, to a place called Attilia. It was an archaeological site, consisting of an old Roman time village with ruins of basilica's, market place and an amphitheater. I could even imagine the Roman time environment, because of all the farms around the valley and little traffic. I noticed, that during the night, my melon juice had started to ferment in the water bottles. So, I had accidental hitching drink, to make it funnier. After few hours, I got a lift from a nice guy to Benevento. He gave me bananas and orange juice!!

I started immediately to make a sign at the petrol station where he left me. Personnel in there came talking with me and donated a water bottle and half a pack of cigarettes. Hitching didn't work. After 2 hours, I went to look for a place to sleep. It was harder than I thought. I ended up struggling through a man sized weeds, so like a jungle, filled with sounds of grasshoppers! Without a machete. Finally I got myself under a bridge. There was two trees where I could put my hammock. They were spiky. I was damn sweaty that it was moist to sleep and hard. And it was only 10 pm when I went sleeping. And all the sounds of the jungle were so permeable.

Distance travelled for the day: 66km

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti